Friday, March 10, 2006

Grampians Intro Trip 2006


hiker group shot
Originally uploaded by tommygunns.
An excellent trip organized by Grant. Top work Michelle for driving. I have to get a photo of Petey the car and all his tats. Apologies to Pete(the person), Sabine, Julia and Michelle for getting us lost in the western suburbs. We got there in the end, thanks Billy for the guidebook otherwise we might never have found the campsite. Found what seemed like the perfect tent site unfortunately our neighbour was a tad aggressive so like refugees we carried our tent away the next day. Highlight was desert cricket and trying to explain it to northen americans. Climbed Queen Bee with Paul and Mark, thanks Paul for leading and getting me through the hairy section. Mark I will have to see that video. Its easier taking photos hiking 2 as opposed to climbing so thats where most of them are from great work by Rachel for leading the hike and Derek for catching the stragglers. When I tried to do the same on the way back I managed to get the tail group lost (bad sense of direction I guess).
Nick showing us how its done.
Me climbing123

No comments: