Saturday, March 18, 2006

Commonwealth Games Swimming, Triathalon and Marathon



Thanks ayresie for the discounted ticket for the Commonwealth games Swimming on Saturday it was awesome. I realized how much of a nerd I was getting more excited by the robotic cameras than the world class athletes. The highlight was definitely the inspirational elite athletes with a disability. Once again I was more interested in the logistics than the amazing athleticism on display. Of special note was the blind Canadian swimmer whose coach would signal he was nearing the wall by banging him on the head with a giant q-tip. After the swimming we rode to St-Kilda to catch the end of the tri-athalon. It was really fun riding the width of the Nepean Hwy since they sealed it off from vehicles. I was supposed see the Marathon go by Sunday morning but slept in - I feel a little bit guilty that I lacked the energy to walk 20m to cheer on these guys and girls who by that point had done 10km and still had 30 to go.

No comments: