Saturday, June 24, 2006

Young Endeavour Mk II: Melbourne~Brisbane~Mackay


Woke up then walked to the Skybus 1 hour before my scheduled flight(this only works if you live 1 block from Spencer Street). Arrive at the Virgin terminal to a baggage check-in queue over 100m long. Seems there was killer fog in Sydney no planes in or out. I touch down in rainy Brisbane carrying nothing but a sleeping bag to be greeted with the news that my connecting flight to Mackay will be delayed 5 hours. Immeadiately I call up Kerr-unit and jump on the Airport to CBD train. Thanks to Kerr-unit I had a lovely couple of hours seeing the sights with a local (photos shortly). Met 2 ex youth crew on my flight to Mackay: Voisey and Vanessa. Get to this weird backpacker house to be greeted by oldies Jesse and Anna and newbie Ben(AKA Bambi). That night we went to pizza hut the works (haven't done that since year 7). I crash exhausted from my second 4 AM start in a row.

No comments: