Friday, January 13, 2006

Random domestic stuff




Survived our first week of independence.
Some of the highlights - nolights till Monday arvo
- self-service checkout at QV big W, signed for my credit card with a stylus (what is this Tokyo?)
Both Dave and I put a 30 pack of mie goreng in our shopping basket at the QV safeway(we ended up buying one relax). The hardest thing I have ever done is try to keep a straight face while loading shopping to the sound of the check-out-chick-dude taking one pack of noodles out of the box and beep beep beeping it through 30 times(I am holding back a grin now).
Just finished connecting up my home phone using online chat off the telstra website(purely for the techno-novelty). Definitely slower than if I had of just called up. I think an online voice with chat window and maybe a scribble pad would have been the best. I have heard there were some brilliant students who did this for their final project at a prestigious Melbourne technical university I think the product was called DCIT or sumthin last I heard its being testing it in some university in New Zealand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you sliped that in Tom. Go DECITE! I can remember what the accronim stood 4.

Anonymous said...

Oops I meant I can't feel free to enlighten me