Sunday, August 21, 2005

Snowboarding with Skiiers Falls creek

Early start not quite stupid-o'clock but dumb enough.
Jason almost unconscious in morning.
Fully loaded and roof racked territory 7 boys, 5 boards 2 skis + snacks.
Big-fat rain at car park.
Stinging rain on chair lift.
The soft marshmallow like snow of the day before turned into a hard icy material resembling concrete. The first bum fall of the day knocked the wind out of me.
Visibility around arm length.(Gerard make sure you put your stack in the comments)
Valentin knocked me over tempin bowling style.
Took some revenge disembarking chairlift.
Went up summit chairlift, would later find out it was expert only.
Sign pointed to an intermediate run off a cliff into fog.
At end of the day got lost and followed a narrow strip of snow with rivers on either side.
Ayresie and I carried the shoeless big-fella from the hire shop to the territory.
With all the money we saved on fuel we decided to test out the territory and donate to the local highway patrol. Spent the drive home thinking of cool things we should have said to the cop but didn't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello boys

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

One of the most memorable trips we have been on. It is now Tuesday and I am still aching around my neck, stomach and arms. My legs however are fine.

One of my moments was on the second day when I assumed the snow was as soft as the day before, ended up facing backwards and landing on my head. I was lying in the snow, oblivious to where I actually was, and arguing with myself whether or not to fall asleep. I convinced myself to stay awake and then on the chair lift ride up the argument began again.

Val nearly broke my back and Duminda was the cause of most of my falls. How is that you say? Well, I stayed behind him so I wouldn't get lost and everytime he fell (which although not that often, very awkwardly) I would laugh hysterically and get the wobbles and then fall myself. No pain ofcourse because the hilarity of his falls nearly killed me every time.

Anonymous said...

super dooper